Friday, May 17, 2013

Some Of My Faves!

Have you ever loved a product because it changed your life - for the better? Okay, maybe not in a way that helps you make the world a better place but in a way that makes you feel great when you use it?  A product that you always have on hand, including an extra one just in case you run out of it on a day when all the stores are closed (like that happens anymore).  A product that you tell everyone about, including the lady ringing you up at the store.  Of course you do!  So do I!  I've decided to blog about some of the products I have grown to love and can't stop raving about.  I'm gonna call it My Faves, wow, how original but at least it sums up my feelings about them.  Today we're going to look at four of my faves so let's get to it!



The first product we're going to check out is Neutrogena's Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask.  This product is fantastic at cutting the oil on my skin.  I generally use it as a cleanser but have used it two or three times as a mask.  For cleansing, I use this after Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser.  Sometimes I use my fingers to lather it on (don't look for any major suds-ing action) and when I want to get a really good scrub down I use it with my Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System.  There is a slight cooling effect with this cleanser maybe even a "burning" sensation on sensitive skin.  The main oil and zit busting ingredient is the 3.5% benzoyl peroxide (more on this later).  Now as far as using it as a mask, I like using it when I have a serious zit that is under the skin.  As I said before, I've only used it a couple of times this way and my best advise is to not let it sit too long or it may burn your skin and/or make it red.  This was my experience the first time I used it on my entire T-Zone.  Weird thing is that I can wear it on a zit overnight with NO burning.  I think one key factor in finding an anti-acne product that works is figuring out which zit zapper works better with your chemistry, benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.  Right now for me the answer is benzoyl peroxide.  It may not work for everyone but you won't know unless you try both to see which one yields the better result.  If you already know you're a fan of b.p. or want to try a kick butt cleanser I highly recommend the Clear Pore!

Our next product is L'Oreal's Lash Boosting Serum.  Oh my gosh, this serum is fabulous!  It really does work!  I hate waiting for results, I like instant gratification, so when I start a new product I have to tell myself, "Two weeks from now you'll have two weeks behind you..." and then I just pray the product works.  I would guess that I started seeing results in about three weeks.  There were lots of little lashes sprouting along my lash line.  The real payoff came when I applied mascara.  Instead of skimpy short lashes there were not only more of them but they were longer, too!  This is my second round with the stuff and I don't even know why I stopped using it in the first place because as long as you are using it your lashes will grow. Just remember, it may take 2-3 weeks to see results so try to be patient.

A close relative of L'Oreal's Lash Boosting Serum is their Double Extend Mascara.  I use the one with the little morningstar on one end.  It has eye illuminating effects which add some zing when you want your eyes to really pop.  What I love about this mascara, besides the formula itself, is the brush.  It's perfectly sized, not too thin and not so big that you hit your face with it when doing your lower lashes. The formula is not watery and not dry or clumpy so I'd call it, just perfectly creamy.  I love how it adds lots of length and ample volume along with separating all your lashes.  No real rub-off or raccoon eyes but it's not waterproof so that is a bummer but with all of the other positive attributes I'm not complaining!

Last but not least is a newbie in my makeup bag, e.l.f.'s Lip Exfoliator.  I saw this recommended on one of my favorite websites, www.makeupalley.com, so I ran to Target to find it.  Of course they didn't have it so I had to wait and sulked every time I went back and it still wasn't there.  Finally, my Target was stocking it!  I grabbed that baby and took it home and wholly cow is it ever worth the whole $3 it cost me.  It's a very gritty lipstick that you rub over your lips then remove with a warm wet cloth.  Afterwards you should apply your favorite lip balm and voila, soft, sexy lips!

So there you have it, some of my favorite products.  Hope you have a chance to try some and let me know how you like them!
New signature photo Clarissa_zpsbvf3pcj7.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment