Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mascara Favorites

I am a make-up junkie. I admit it. I can spend hours researching lipstick or foundation or in my case last week, mascara. I've been milking the life out of my two favorites for longer than I should have but I didn't have my laptop to search on and of course I couldn't sit at my desktop computer to do it. I love snuggling into the couch with my laptop, in front of the T.V. with both dogs by my side. Sitting for hours on my office chair at my desk with a pile, or two or three, of papers in front of me is not my idea of a good time so I was so excited when my hubby offered to get me my new laptop. Yay, surfing the web on the couch here I come! Anyway, back to my make-up obsession. I knew I needed a new mascara for awhile but wasn't sure what brand or formula to buy. I wanted volume but I also wanted length which was something new for me. I've always been a full lash kind of gal. The thicker the better. So now here I am wanting longer lashes, too. What's next, falsies?  Uhh, no.  The mascaras I found are very different and yet I like them both.  First up is Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Waterproof Mascara.



This mascara is a little drier than my other fave but that makes me like it even better.  I usually use a couple swipes after curling my lashes and bam, they're long!  No flakies either but I have had smudging even though I'm using waterproof.  
My other favorite mascara is the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara.


This mascara is very different from the other as it is definitely a wetter formula.  It gives nice definition and adds volume but doesn't give the va va va voom effect I love.  Even without the dramatic affect it adds enough oomph to make me want to keep it in my make-up bag.  
Both mascara's can be easily found in drugstores or big box stores like Wal-Mart and Target and are very reasonably priced.  Check back later for my post on faves where I tell you which make-up remover I love.   







             
New signature photo Clarissa_zpsbvf3pcj7.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment